My fascination with wood comes from one of the coolest people I know, my Grandpa. He is the greatest and most diverse people I have known and will likely know in my lifetime. Grandpa can do anything, grow anything, and fix anything. He has the garage to show it. He used to take me out in the garage and show me his saws and tools that he used to make and refinish furniture. Some of my prized things that I still carry around with me are things that Grandpa made me (my baby's cradle and my little rocking chair). I remember when Grandpa made my Grandma her quilting frames. How she loved to brag about them to everyone that came to the house.
I have just spent a couple of hours in the garage staining the corbels that will go underneath my granite counter tops which are being installed tomorrow. It is a small step towards making things out of wood, but it was fun. Someday I hope to be like my Grandpa. For now, I will be content if my creations look good in the kitchen.

Nice! I like those a lot!! I can't wait to see your transformed kitchen :)
ReplyDeleteThey look fabulous. I, like Julia, can not wait to see them, but mine is not as likely to be in person any time soon (like Julia's surely will, downside of living halfway across the country). Lots of pictures, please. And I agree on Grandpa. I love his garage, especially the smell. Somehow it smells different ... creative.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you! Three more days!
I love staining. Have fun.
ReplyDelete